May 31, 2011

May 2011

I read 14 books in May.  My page count for the month is 4918.  I'm still on track to meet my goals.

1. The Bright Forever by Lee Martin (9/10)
2. The Magicians' Guild by Trudi Canavan (8/10)
3. The Novice by Trudi Canavan (8/10)
4. The High Lord by Trudi Canavan (8.5/10)
5. Once Upon a Winter's Night by Dennis L. McKiernan (8/10)
6. Northshore by Sheri S. Tepper (4/10)
7. Southshore by Sheri S. Tepper (5/10)
8. Blood Harvest by James Axler (8/10)
9. Arcadian's Asylum by James Axler (3/10)
10. Shoeless Joe by W. P. Kinsella (8.5/10)
11. House of Echoes by Barbara Erskine (6.5/10)
12. Where the Evil Dwells by Clifford D. Simak  (9/10)
13. Baptism of Rage by James Axler (8/10)
14. Zero Time by Jack Anderson (9/10)

I read 5 Fantasy, 5 Science Fiction, 2 Fiction, 1 Horror and 1 Thriller.  I was unable to finish the following books:  Flesh and Gold by Phyllis Gotlieb and Codex by Lev Grossman.

I think I did better this month, as far as choosing good books to read.  I liked nearly everything I read.  There were a few disappointments, but none of them were huge losers.  I do notice my page count is a little less than last month though.  I'll have to be more aware of that this coming month.  

Choosing a favorite book for the month is going to be hard.  I really loved 4 or 5 of the books.  Even though it didn't get the highest rating, I'm going to choose one that was part of a Fantasy series that I didn't expect to love and yet I did.  I love being surprised.  Plus, really, I think this entire series probably deserved higher ratings than I gave it.

My To Be Read Pile sits at 582, which is 13 less than last month.  I did get a few books in from paperbackswap.com so that explains that.  Also, there was only one series I was not happy with so my number didn't lessen due to removal of a large group of books as it has in the past.

Favorite book for the month:   The High Lord by Trudi Canavan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top