February 12, 2016

The Friday 56 and Book Beginnings #7

The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader.  Visit their links to learn more.
Title:  The Ask and the Answer
Author:  Patrick Ness
The Beginning:  "Your Noise reveals you, Todd Hewitt."  A voice -- In the darkness -- I blink open my eyes.  Everything is shadows and blur and it feels like the world's spinning and my blood is too hot and my brain is clogged and I can't think and it's dark --

The Friday 56:  "I'm sorry," she says, almost tenderly.  Almost.  "I don't know anything about a boy."  She frowns.  "I'm afraid I don't know anything about anything except that you were brought to this house of healing yesterday morning so close to death I wasn't at all sure we would be able to bring you back.  Except we were informed in no uncertain terms that our survival rather depended upon yours."

Comment:  I'm on book two of the Chaos Walking series and it is absolutely fabulous.  If you haven't read it yet, give it a try!

6 comments:

  1. I really need to get into this series. I've seen so many great things about it, and it's pretty high on my TBR list! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great read!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great - I love the cover too - here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice cover...sounds a bit intense.

    I hope you like the book. Thanks for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chaos Walking is easily one of my favorite series! :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings) and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it :) it's quite mysterious! Makes me wonder what's going on.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top