June 30, 2011

June 2011

June has been a tough month for me.  My personal life seems to be spiraling out of control and I haven't had as much time to put into reading.  I only read 11 books this month and 3911 pages.  This is the lowest number yet this year.  Maybe July will be better.

1. The Quiet by Patrick Billings (4/10)
2. Wait Until Midnight by Amanda Quick (8.5/10)
3. Beautiful Lies by Lisa Unger (9.5/10)
4. Doom Helix by James Axler (8/10)
5. Labyrinth by Kate Mosse (8.5/10)
6. The Voice of the Night by Dean Koontz (4.5/10)
7. Phytosphere by Scott Mackay (10/10)
8. Dragonlord of Mystara by Thorarinn Gunnarsson  (6/10)
9. Dragonking of Mystara by Thorarinn Gunnarsson  (3/10)
10. The Good Women of China: Hidden Voices by Xinran (6/10)
11. The King of Torts by John Grisham (8.5/10)



I read 3 Thrillers, 2 Historical Fiction, 2 Science Fiction, 1 Horror, 2 Fantasy, and 1 Non-Fiction.  That's a pretty good split of genres and pretty unusual for me.  There weren't any books I couldn't finish, although I chose not to even start the third of the books by Thorarinn Gunnarsson.  The series just wasn't that great.


My To Be Read Pile sits at 518 today, although I do have a few books to add tomorrow.  That's 64 less than last month, mostly due to my need to really weed out some books and simplify my life.  I'm right on track to finish my goals this year, even though this month was not a great one for me.  


My favorite book this month is easy. The book I'm choosing was wonderful.  I love picking up a book by an author I know nothing about and just being completely blown away.


Favorite book of the month:  Phytosphere by Scott Mackay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top