April 11, 2017

J ~ Jordan

Robert Jordan has written one of the better fantasy sagas out there.  His Wheel of Time series is just plain wonderful.  Swashbuckling adventure and a quest to save the world.  What more could you ask for?

Unfortunately Mr. Jordan died before finishing his epic.  He left behind copious notes and tape recordings, thankfully.  Another very fine author, Brandon Sanderson, took up where he left off and finished the story.

There are a total of 14 books (and 3 novellas, two of which I've skipped) in the set and none of the novels are short.  You could build a house with these books!  It's a huge investment of time, but so well worth it.  I have the last three waiting for me and I just can't wait until I finally find out how it all ends.

8 comments:

  1. I have a vague plan to read them, but a reluctance to start because I know it will take so long- so it son the 'one day when I have more time list' :P

    My A to Z:
    Harry Potter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god!!! I cant believe I met someone else who is a Robert Jordan fan!!!!!!
    I have all the 17 books; devoured them all twice over and am waiting to move into my new house to dust them up and set up for a third read!
    This is one of the most yummiest series ever! I wish it hadnt ended. I was a tad bit disappointed with mr Sanderson rendition of the writing but overall , was glad that the series could get a closure!!!
    Please do read them all!! Trust me you wont be disappointed. :-)

    Theme: Peregrination Chronicles (travel)
    J is for Japanese dancers in the hot sands of Pushkar #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Robert Jorden... I have been have a fictional reading block since last few months (if that's a thing)
    May give his books a try...
    Thanks for sharing
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent read this series. Thanks for the recommendation!
    Stopped by from the #atoz challenge. Check out my quotes on the journey of life too..
    http://archanablogs.wordpress.com/2017/04/11/j-is-for-journey/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this series before, but I love fantasy. And this one sounds huge! I love book series that go on and on. So I'm going to add this one to my reading list.
    Glad to meet you during this challenge. I am doing the A to Z of happiness this year. Do stop by some time.
    Happy AtoZing!
    Chicky @ www.mysteriouskaddu.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another series I don't know. Sounds like something to get one's teeth into. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we have a couple of his books, but I don't think we have anywhere near the entire series, so would definitely have to check them out of the library to read them all!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top