March 29, 2017

The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King

I reviewed this book just a couple of years ago, back in 2015.  My original review is here.  I'm not going to do a full review again, just some new thoughts.  I was a little angry when I read this book last time around.  I'd waited so long for the Dark Tower series to be completed and then, about eight years later, a new book was added.

"I want a bumper sticker that says I Waited Out the Starkblast in Gook."

Today, now that the book is no longer "The Addition Just When I Thought I Was Done", I find it much better than I did the last time.  It was scary and wonderful and well worth a higher rating.  It shows the incredible bond of friendship that has grown between Roland and his ka-tet.  I'd give it a 10 easily.

"A person's never too old for stories, Bill.  Man and boy, girl and woman, never too old.  We live for them."

Some of my favorite quotes remain the same (some day, I will have that bumper sticker!), but I found a new one that I'm not sure how I missed the last time around.  We are never too old for stories, indeed.

Updated Rating:  10 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top