April 9, 2011

Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman

Title:  Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Author:  Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman
Format:  PB
Pages:  50 of 440
Genre:  Fantasy
Publisher:  Wizards of the Coast, 1984
ISBN-13:  978-0880381734
Series:  Dragonlance Chronicles, Book 1

Favorite Quote:  N/A

Synopsis (Amazon):  Lifelong friends, they went their separate ways. Now they are together again, though each holds secrets from the others in his heart. They speak of a world shadowed with rumors of war. They speak of tales of strange monsters, creatures of myth, creatures of legend. They do not speak of their secrets. Not then. Not until a chance encounter with a beautiful, sorrowful woman, who bears a magical crystal staff, draws the companions deeper into the shadows, forever changing their lives and shaping the fate of the world.

No one expected them to be heroes.

Least of all, them.

Review:  I have come to love Margaret Weis over the years, but I guess every author has to have at least one book that's a dud.  Unfortunately, this book is the first of a series that spans dozens and dozens of books.  I personally own 18 of them.  Not for long; I will be passing the entire set on.  Not only is this 'serial' fantasy, it's serial fantasy based on a role-playing game.  Perhaps I should have known what I was getting into going in.

This was one of the series that I had chosen to complete for my personal challenges.  I will mark them off and move on.  Perhaps someone else will have more patience with one-dimensional cookie-cutter characters and stilted writing than I do.

Rating:  0 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top