December 16, 2011

The Ransom of Black Stealth One by Dean Ing

Title:  The Ransom of Black Stealth One
Author:  Dean Ing
Format: PB
Pages:  472
Genre:  Thriller
Publisher: Tor, 1990
ISBN-13:  978-0812508574
Series: Stand Alone

Favorite Quote:  "So, what's he like?  And if you tell me what they are like, or she is like, I intend to throw myself into the fireplace."

Synopsis (PBS):  The Ransom of Black Stealth One is about a breakthrough in stealth technology:  an ultralight, ultrasleek plane that is not only invisible to radar, but can vanish without a trace through the use of computer-controlled technology. When a renegade engineer steals a plane, and takes the niece of a CIA chief hostage, the intelligence community mobilizes all its resources in a desperate race to keep Black Stealth One out of the hands of foreign agents.

Review:  Well, I didn't see the big twist at the end.  And I did like the main characters, Petra and Kyle.  But some of this story left me feeling like I was reading a story about how not to write about (or treat) women.  I suppose the target audience might find the scene about a grown woman getting spanked for misbehavior amusing, but I really didn't.  Either way, it was a quick enough read and kept me interested. 

Rating:  6.5 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top