December 6, 2011

Shadowfane by Janny Wurts

Title:  Shadowfane
Author:  Janny Wurts
Format:  PB
Pages:  214
Genre:  Fantasy
Publisher:  Eos, 1999
ISBN-13:  978-0061073557
Series:  The Cycle of Fire, Book 3

Favorite Quote:  Cliffhaven's Kielmark whispered, his anger subdued to purest sorrow.  "Taen asked that I keep you safe, and I swore her an oath of debt."

Synopsis (PBS):  Ivainson Jaric, heir to the Firelord's legacy, is caught in a life and death struggle to win his inherited powers. Taen Dreamweaver battles her evil brother, corrupted by demons to slaughter his own kind. If either one of the falls, the Stormwarden will never win free of his icy imprisonment to help their cause. As Scait, Demonlord of Shadowfane, uses his captured human talent for his conquest, his machinations raise an even greater threat, one that could hurl all the world to its destruction , and end mankind's chance of reclaiming freedom among the stars... And so the Cycle of Fire races toward its powerful conclusion!

Review:  This was a fabulous trilogy.  And this was a great conclusion.  I loved it.  I highly recommend getting the omnibus edition.  You won't want to stop reading until the very end.  The only downside?  That this series is over and I don't have another story from it to read.  I am not often surprised by a fantasy series, but this one really fooled me.  I didn't expect to love it as much as I did.

Rating:  10 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top