December 21, 2013

The Power That Preserves by Stephen R. Donaldson

And even more....

"No one may be compelled to fight the Despiser. He is resisted willingly, or not at all. Unbeliever, I release you. You turn from us to save life in your own word. We will not be undone by such motives." -- Lord Mhoram, pg 47

"Be silent, Unbeliever. I will listen to no sad stories in this place." -- Saltheart Foamfollower, pg 78

"At times - when I have been too long unsheltered in this wind - I find I cannot remember certain precious Giantish tales." -- Saltheart Foamfollower, pg 137"

"I am old - I have no need to fear - no, I do not fear death. But the pain. The pain. Have mercy - have mercy upon me, I lack the courage for this work." -- the Unfettered Healer of Morinmoss

"No word can encompass the love for a lost homeland, or the anguish of diminishing seed, or the pride - the pride in fidelity - That fidelity was our only reply to our extinction." -- Saltheart Foamfollower, pg 307

"I am Haruchai. We also are not immune. Corruption wears many faces. Blame is a more enticing face than others, but it is none the less a mask for the Despiser." -- Bannor, pg 308

"Mortal men should not give up wives and sleep and death for any service - lest the face of failure become too abhorrent to be endured." -- Bannor, pg 309

"Thomas Covenant, ur-Lord and Unbeliever, brave white gold weilder - I desire no other end. Do whatever you must, my friend. I am at Peace. I have beheld a marvelous story." -- Saltheart Foamfollower, pg 374

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top