December 7, 2016

War of the Black Curtain by James Dashner

Title:  War of the Black Curtain
Author:  James Dashner
Pages:  285
Genre:  Juvenile Fantasy Fiction
Publisher:  Sweetwater Books, 2012
Series:  Jimmy Fincher Saga, Book 4

Synopsis:  The Black Curtain has ripped open, massive and dark.

The Stompers swarm all through it, elusive and frightening.  The Black Coma consumes the people of the Earth.  The Shadow Ka rule the lands with a mighty vengeance.

Jimmy Fincher is the only one who can save it.

To accomplish the impossible, he must solve the Riddle of the Red Disk.  He must find the Dream Warden and receive the Fourth Gift.  He must go to a place where nightmares live - and face them alone.

But most important of all, Jimmy must face the shocking and terrible truth of what lies beneath his enemy's true nature.

The war has just begun.

Review:  Well, this ending surprised me.  It was happy in one way, but so sad in another.  I didn't expect it at all.  I probably should have seen it coming, but I just didn't.  It's a really great story with plenty of scares and excitement.  I just wish the ending wasn't quite so sad.

This book was just as good as the last one and I'm sorry the series is over.  I'd like to know what happened next.

Rating:  9 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top