December 27, 2016

2016 Wrap-Up

 
Yes, I know, there are still a few days left in 2016, but I'm taking a reading break until the first of the year.  I've had a string of books that just weren't easy to read (or easy to enjoy in some cases) and I'm ready for a little vacation.

I've already got my first book for 2017 picked out and I'm ready to begin fresh.

My favorite book of the year was nearly impossible to pick.  So, I picked two....for two completely different reasons.

One Second After by William R. Forstchen opened my eyes to the fact that the world and our country are not safe.  As I said in my original review, this book should be required reading.  It's just that important.

The City and the Stars by Arthur C. Clarke was probably the most enchanting and wonderful book I've ever read of any genre.  The fact that it was science fiction just made it that much better.  Mr. Clarke taught me what science fiction is supposed to be like.

I had a fabulous year.  I read more books than I've read since 2011.  I finished 22 reading challenges.  I *almost* finished the remaining two.  I've broken through my 'readers block' into a new love and passion for reading.  I'm so grateful and will mark this year as the year I made it out of the dark times and back into really living again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top