May 5, 2017

Phantoms by Dean Koontz

Title:  Phantoms
Author:  Dean Koontz
Pages:  434
Genre:  Horror
Series:  Stand Alone

Synopsis: A tale of an abandoned town and the unimaginable truth behind its silence...

Now with a new afterword, Dean Koontz explains the impact Phantoms had on his career.

ARE YOU SAYING THAT WE EXIST ONLY TO BE KILLED?
YES.  YOU ARE CATTLE.  YOU ARE PIGS.  YOU ARE WORTHLESS.

Review:  Do not read this book after dark!!  It is scary and drags you in kicking and screaming.  It makes you believe in The Ancient Enemy, who calls himself by many names, including Legion and Satan.  As much as I wanted to believe that this was another horror story with superstition and fantasy as a basis, it seemed far too scientific and real.  Very scary!!

The horror is non-stop, until the very end, and just when you think it's safe....it's not.  I finished the book in just over 24 hours.  I highly recommend this story.

Rating:  9.5 / 10

2 comments:

  1. Dean Koontz is still going strong, it seems! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Koontz in a while but I was obsessed with his books in high school. I found after reading his books so much that I was able to predict what was coming up, though there are a few books that really surprised me. I think I read this one years ago. I might have to pick up another one of his books in the near future!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top