Hosted by The Book Date
- Challenge will run from Jan 1st to December 31st 2017
- Write and publish a post stating your intention to participate. In the post please include the Challenge graphic and a link back to this post. Then link your intention post at the bottom of this post. Make sure it is the actual post and not just a generic link to your blog.
- Add your reviews back here on the link in this post. At the end of every three months there will be a U.S. $12 prize with a book of your choice from the Book Depository or U.S. Amazon voucher, for the entries. There will be a new linky then for the next quarter and so on to the end of December.
- Reviews are not mandatory and if you prefer to keep a list of the books read and the category they cross off the card, then you can still enter for the completion of a Full House by linking to that list on the final linky or in a comment. The list could be kept on somewhere like Goodreads or in a Google doc.
- Jan - March will open on first week of January
- Each review can only be linked up once in the year. However it doesn't matter when you read the book in 2017 - which month, just link as you remember or have time. So if you read it in January you may not get around to linking it until say... May. That is fine.
- Books may cross over from other challenges that you are doing. However a different book for each square, one book cannot cover two squares.
- There will be a final post to link in a summary post for the challenge for those who have completed a full house. This will close on the 2nd January 2018 and a winner will be chosen using random.org for a U.S. $30 prize which again can be used to buy books at the Book Depository or be received as an Amazon voucher.
- Completion Link will go here.
- Complete the card below. You can do it in any order you wish. You are allowed "one free exchange", if there is something on the square you really dislike you may change it to something of your choice. Once you have played this free choice that is it. Mention the exchange in the final summary post.
* Book about books. This can be fiction or non-fiction. It can be anything for example where the setting is a book shop for example.* Not really for you. This can be a kind of book you don't usually read, or it could be one you just DNF, or one you just didn't enjoy that much.
* Diversity. Think ethnic, cultural, religious, and gender diversity and you may come up with something you think of as well, as the list is basic. But it must be somehow quite different to you.
* Book from a list. There are heaps of lists out there, from bestsellers to numerous Goodreads ones.
*Authors UK/European author reads UK or European author.
*Size Word in Title e.g small, little, tiny, huge, large, big, mini....etc.
On TBR For 2+ Years: Trouble Magnet by Alan Dean Foster
More Than 500 Pages: State of Fear by Michael Crichton
Page Turner: The Associate by John Grisham
Middle Grade Book:
2017 Published: The Final Day by William R. Forstchen
Published Pre 2000:
UK / European Author:
Back List Book From Fav Author: Faery in Shadow by C. J. Cherryh
Book From A List: The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult (Debut #2 NYT Paperback List)
Award Winner: Trader by Charles de Lint (1998 World Fantasy Award - Novel)
Book About Books:
Size Word In Title:
Two Worded Title:
Food On Cover Or Title:
Book From Childhood: Doomsday Book by Connie Willis
Australian / NZ Author:
Western: The Gunslinger by Stephen King
USA / Canadian Author: The Awakening by Thomas K. Martin
Not Really For You: Beauty by Sheri S. Tepper
Attractive Cover: By the Light of the Moon by Dean Koontz
Borrowed: The Tenth Justice by Brad Meltzer