April 30, 2011

April 2011

I've read 14 books in April.  My page count for the month is 5165.  My total page count is 20830.  I'm a third of the way through the year and just over a third of the way towards my goal, which is great news.

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling (9.5/10)
2. The Unloved by John Saul (6.5/10)
3. The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue (6/10)
4. The Rising by Brian Keene (4.5/10)
5. Castaways of the Flying Dutchman by Brian Jacques (8/10)
6. Magic Time by Marc Zicree & Barbara Hambly (8.5/10)
7. Angelfire by Marc Zicree & Maya Bohnhoff (9/10)
8. Ghostlands by Marc Zicree & Robert Wilson (9.5/10)
9. Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill (6/10)
10. Abandon by Carla Neggers (4.5/10)
11. Millennium by John Varley (9/10)
12. The Marked Man by Charles Ingrid (5/10)
13. Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin (8.5/10)
14. Son of Rosemary by Ira Levin (1/10)

The breakdown is:  5 Fantasy, 5 Horror, 1 Fiction, 1 Romantic Suspense, and 2 Science Fiction.  I seem to be on a Horror kick this month.

I couldn't finish the following:  Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings, Never Deal with a Dragon by Robert N. Charrette, and Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman.  My least favorite book for this month was the last, Son of Rosemary by Ira Levin.

I had a hard time this month with finding books I wanted to read and then enjoying them after I chose them.  I read some really good ones, but I also chose some real losers.  I still managed to read a good number of pages though.  And, it's going to be tough choosing a favorite.

My To Be Read Pile now sits at 595, which is 45 less than last month.  Of course, loads of those are due to the series above that I started and then didn't like.

Favorite book for the month:  Ghostlands by Marc Zicree & Robert Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top