May 23, 2011

Flesh and Gold by Phyllis Gotlieb

Title:  Flesh and Gold
Author:  Phyllis Gotlieb
Format:  HC
Pages:  80 of 286
Genre:  Science Fiction
Publisher:  Tor, 1998
ISBN-13:  978-0312865238
Series:  Flesh and Gold, Book 1

Favorite Quote:  N/A

Synopsis (Amazon):  A story of science, slavery, murder, and justice set in the distant future is put into motion when a telepathic woman judge sees an amphibious human enslaved and displayed in a tank as an advertisement for a pleasure house.

Review:  I just couldn't get into this book at all.  Even the action seemed dull.  And while I realize that a good portion of the pages I read are set in a 'pleasure house', I'm just not one for strangely detailed sex scenes between species that don't exist and are not even humanoid.  I'm giving up on this series as a whole and I think I'll take a pass on this author's other works as well.

Rating:  0 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top