January 30, 2012

The X-Files: Ruins

Title:  The X-Files: Ruins
Author:  Kevin J. Anderson
Format: PB
Pages: 264

Genre: Science Fiction
Publisher: Harper, 1997
ISBN-13: 978-0061057366
Series: X-Files, Book 4

Favorite Quote:  Every time Special Agent Dana Scully ventured into the bowels of FBI Headquarters to see her partner, Fox Mulder, she felt as if she were doing something illicit - or at least unwise.

Synopsis (PBS):  In the most ambitious and exciting X-Files adventure to date, Mulder and Scully fly to the Yucatan jungle to investigate a missing team of archaeologists. Their exploration leads to a strange electronic signal coming from beneath ancient ruins -- a signal aimed upward, at the stars....

Review:  Another of my secret vices.  I love The X-Files.  Still.  Fortunately for me, these stories do not really need to be read in order.  It's a good thing since I've only read #1 and #4.  I haven't gotten the ones between yet, although I will I'm sure.  This was a fast read; amusing, thrilling, scary and full of possible alien evidence that gets lost, leaving Mulder the only believer....except me, of course.  No, this isn't high fiction.  It will never make a 'Top 100' list. But it is a blast from the past and kept me entertained the entire time.  And, really, isn't that more important?

Rating:  8 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top