February 1, 2012

January 2012

I sure wish I was reading like I used to. On June 18, 2011, my 15-year marriage ended through no decision of mine.  I've lost a home, a life, a husband, and a life-style that I had grown used to throughout most of my adult life.  I really can't blame myself for the side effects it has had, but it's funny how life changes create ripples in even areas that seem unrelated.  I'm doing pretty well, all things considered, but my life-time love affair with reading has suffered immeasurably.

 I only read 5 books, for a total of 1789 pages this month. That is really awful, and it's been going on for months! Maybe I need to stop taking on challenges if I can't do better than this!!

1.  The Veil by Diane Noble  (6.5/10)
2.  House Rules by Jodi Picoult  (8.5/10)
3.  The Mocking Program by Alan Dean Foster (7.5/10)
4.  Dark Places by Gillian Flynn (8/10)
5.  The X-Files: Ruins by Kevin J. Anderson (8/10)


I read one Historical Fiction, one Fiction, two Science Fiction, and one Thriller.  Hands down, my favorite book is obvious.


Favorite book of the month:  House Rules by Jodi Picoult

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top