March 7, 2012

The Eternity Code by Eoin Colfer

Title:  The Eternity Code
Author:  Eoin Colfer
Format:  HC
Pages:  309
Genre:  Fantasy
Publisher:  Miramax, 2003
ISBN-13:   978-0786819140
Series:  Artemis Fowl, Book 3

Favorite Quotes:  "...About my name, Artemis.  You were right in London, it is generally a female name.  After the Greek goddess of archery.  But every now and then a male comes along with such a talent for hunting that he earns the right to use the name.  I am that male.  Artemis the hunter.  I hunted you."

"Careful, Mr. Spiro, guns are dangerous.  Especially the end with the hole."

Synopsis (PBS):  Artemis Fowl is going straight as soon as he pulls off the most brilliant criminal feat of his career... — After being held prisoner for five years, Artemis Fowl's father has finally come home. He's a new man?an honest man, much to Artemis's horror. He makes his son promise to give up his life of crime, and Artemis has to go along with it. But not until he has completed one last scheme.

Artemis has constructed a super-computer from stolen fairy technology. Called the "C Cube," it will render all existing human technology obsolete. He arranges a meeting with a powerful Chicago businessman, Jon Spiro, to broker a deal for the C Cube. But Spiro springs a trap?he steals the C Cube and mortally injures Butler. Artemis knows his only hope of saving his loyal bodyguard is to employ fairy magic; so once again he must contact his old rival, Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon fairy police.


Review:  I'm thoroughly enjoying this series, but have discovered that I can't read too many of them in a row.  I'm reading one more from this series and then taking a break, which is completely not what I'd usually do.  It's just necessary.  I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first or second, even though it's still a really good book.  I think I'm just ready for something else for a little while.  I'll come back to them after the next one.  I can't stop now, since Artemis has lost his memory of the Fairy world and I have to know how (or whether) he's gotten it back.

I still love all the characters.  It's full of action and excitement.  Artemis is a great character.  

Rating:  9 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top