May 25, 2016

The Master of White Storm by Janny Wurts

Title:  The Master of White Storm
Author:  Janny Wurts
Pages:  413
Genre:  Fantasy
Publisher:  ROC, 1992
Series:  Stand Alone

Synopsis:  After escaping from the slave-galleys of the bloodthirsty Murghai, Korendir, a man whose past is shrouded in mystery, sets off on a series of extraordinary quests: to battle the sorceress Anthei; to challenge the elemental Cyondide and win the lost hoard of the dragon Sharkash; to free the people of Northengard from the wereleopards that are decimating their population ...

Always Korendir's goal is treasure: but never for its own sake. A driven man, Korendir determines to build a fortress at Whitestorm, impregnable against all comers, be they human or supernatural, to protect himself from the dark secret of his ancestry.

Review:  I fell in love with this author when I read her Cycle of Fire trilogy back in 2011.  It's been far too many years since I revisited her writing and I remember now why I started getting all of Ms. Wurts' work that I could get my hands on.  Her fantasy is wonderful.  Her characters are unforgettable.  The action is thrilling and scary.  Even the romance is memorable.  All in all, this book is a terrific read.

It ended on a bitter-sweet note, but I wasn't at all disappointed.  I was just genuinely happy to have found a refreshingly new fantasy novel to love.  It just doesn't get a whole lot better than this.

Rating:  9.5 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top