January 31, 2011

January 2011

I've read 13 books in January.  My total pages for the month is 5133.

1.  Primary Colors by Joe Klein  (3/5)
2.  A Call to Arms by Alan Dean Foster  (4/5)
3.  The False Mirror by Alan Dean Foster  (3/5)
4.  The Spoils of War by Alan Dean Foster  (4/5)
5.  Testament of the Dragon by Margaret Weis & David Baldwin  (1/5)
6.  Yarrow by Charles de Lint  (5/5)
7.  Déjà Dead by Kathy Reichs  (3/5)
8.  My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult  (4/5)
9.  The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks  (2/5)
10. The Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks  (4/5)
11. The Wishsong of Shannara by Terry Brooks  (4/5)
12. The Scions of Shannara by Terry Brooks  (3/5)
13. The Druid of Shannara by Terry Brooks (3/5)

Of these, 7 were Fantasy, 3 were Sci-Fi, and then I read one each in the genres Thriller, Political Fiction, and Fiction.  I'd say the 75% being Sci-Fi/Fantasy is no surprise.  That percentage is probably a very good reflection of my entire collection.  I have some other genres but SFF is by far the largest group.

There was only one book I started that I disliked and couldn't finish, The Elder Gods by David & Leigh Eddings.

Looking at the ratings shown in parenthesis, I think I did pretty well, choosing books to read that I enjoyed for the most part.  I'm proud to say that every book I read in January came off my shelves.

Including books I decided not to read, my To Be Read Pile now stands at 653, which means I reduced it by 23 this month.


Favorite book for the month:  Yarrow by Charles de Lint  (5/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top