January 8, 2011

Margaret Weis' Testament of the Dragon: An Illustrated Novel by Margaret Weis & David Baldwin

Title:  Margaret Weis' Testament of the Dragon: An Illustrated Novel
Author:  Margaret Weis and David Baldwin
Format:  HC
Pages:  105
Genre:  Fantasy
Publisher:  Harper Prism, 1997
ISBN-13:  978-0061055430
Series:  Stand Alone

Favorite Quote:  N/A


Synopsis (Amazon):  Banished to the Nether Realm for their occult powers, the Disciples of the Dragon pledge their fealty to their fantastic dragon king in exchange for eternal youth and wealth--all except one Judas in their midst.

Review:  I really just wanted a short book to fill the evening.  I guess that's what I got.  This was one of the oddest books I've ever read.  I didn't really like it and am disappointed since Margaret Weis is one of my favorite authors.  I'm not sure, though, why her name is on the cover since she didn't actually write the story contained in the pages (although she is the 'creative director' according to the back flap)....and the story that was there was crippled by the fact that it was so short and about half of it was (as the title implies) illustrations.  I could use this for the Fantasy Reading Challenge but I think I won't.  Like I said, it's odd, and I will surely read better fantasy this year.

Rating:  1 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top