January 15, 2011

My Sister's Keeper - The Movie

I just got done watching the movie "My Sister's Keeper", based on Jodi Picoult's novel of the same title.  It was good but ended completely differently than the book.  In fact, a number of the important parts of the book were missing.  Sofia Vassilieva did an incredible job as the terminally ill Kate Fitzgerald.  I've never been a huge fan of Camaron Diaz, but she did play her role as the mother determined to save her child perfectly.  The only actor who came across as one-dimensional was Alec Baldwin...which is really no big shock to me.

It was certainly worth a watch, but do not think it will be exactly the same as the book -- it isn't.  Do, however, make sure you have tissues.  I give this one 7 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top