January 9, 2011

Yarrow by Charles de Lint

Title:  Yarrow
Author:  Charles de Lint
Format:  PB
Pages:  244
Genre:  Fantasy
Publisher:  Ace, 1986
ISBN-13:  978-0441940004
Series:  Stand Alone

Favorite Quote:  There was too much noise beyond the alleyway, too many iron dragons, too many shadows.  Too much of everything and not enough of him.  He was only one very small and frightened gnome.

Synopsis (Amazon):  Cat Midhir had made a reputation as the author of popular fantasy novels. But the secret that her fans didn't know was that her Otherworld was no fantasy. Then, one night, a thief stole her dreams. Since then, she's been trapped in the everyday. And the Others are coming to find her...

Review:  I'd almost forgotten how much I really love Charles de Lint's books.  This book touches on an old theme -- good versus evil, both external and internal, and how easy it is to become that which you despise.  But, it does it so well, with great characters and a great story.  I thought I'd never love another of his books as well as The Riddle of the Wren but now I don't think I could choose between them.  This book has found a permanent home in my collection.  

Rating:  5 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top