December 9, 2015

All About My TBR

I found this list of questions at The Wormhole and thought it looked like fun.  It's actually a good way to finish out the year.

How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
I use the Book Collectorz software and have for years.  It's easy to use, easy to update and syncs flawlessly between my computer, my tablet and my phone.  I also use it to keep track of the books I've read and the books I want to read  (http://www.collectorz.com)

Is your TBR mostly print or e-book?
I rarely read an e-book.  I love 'real' books too much.

How do you determine which books from your TBR to read next?
My TBR is around 70% Science Fiction or Fantasy.  So, choosing all depends on my mood.  I decide what to read next by what sounds good at the time.  Or what will help me with one of my challenges!

A book that has been on my TBR the longest?
The Merlin Effect by T.A. Barron has been on my TBR since November of 2007.  At first it was because I wanted to get the other two books that went with it.  Now, I just keep finding other books I'd rather read.  I wish I didn't have to admit there are probably a dozen books from 2007 on my TBR.

A book you recently added to your TBR?
Polestar Omega by James Axler.  The Deathlands series is one of my secret vices and I'm always watching out for new ones I haven't read yet.

A book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover?
None.  There are some that I was initially attracted to because of the cover.  But I read the synopsis too.  Unless there are dragons on the cover.  Then, all bets are off.

A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading?
Never say never, but I'm not sure I'll ever get around to Gone With the Wind or its sequel Scarlett.  I got them at a thrift store and felt like for the great price, I should at least give them a try.  Gone With the Wind being a classic and all that.  But they are going to be a huge investment of time.

An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for?
I'm not sure I understand the question.  I have dozens of books I *want* for my TBR that aren't published yet....In fact, I have just over 300 books on my 'Wish List', mostly published, some not.  I try very hard not to look at that list too often since my shelves are already over-full.

A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you?
Since most of my friends read romance or cozies, I get very few recommendations that I'd actually read.  The last book I read that was recommended to me was The Passage by Justin Cronin.  The librarian in a nearby town recommended it.  She was right.

A book on your TBR that everyone has read but you?
Wow, I doubt there are very many.  Maybe one of the ones by Jodi Picoult?  Or War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells if we're talking Science Fiction lovers.

A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read?
Someplace to be Flying by Charles de Lint, but it'll have to wait a little while longer.

How many books are on your TBR shelf?
271.  Add in the 31 that I've read already but want, someday, to read again and you'll understand why I am not getting any new books if I can help it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top