December 24, 2015

The Martian - The Movie

The movie The Martian, based on the book The Martian by Andy Weir, is thrilling, humorous and so darn good.  At just under 2 1/2 hours, they stuck pretty well to the original story.  There were a couple scenes missing and some of my favorite quotes left out, but the story was fundamentally the same.  Except, they did add a little bit about what happened to the main characters after the main story was done.  That was a nice touch and tied things up nicely.

It had me on the edge of my seat, and then disgusted, and then laughing until I cried, usually all within just a few minutes.  That, indeed, was just like the book.

Matt Damon was incredibly good, as were many of the other actors.  I was surprised how many faces I recognized.  It was a great job at a movie made from a book and I'm so glad I bought it instead of rented it.  Ten stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top