January 31, 2016

Shadow Moon by George Lucas and Chris Claremont

Title:  Shadow Moon
Author:  George Lucas and Chris Claremont
Pages:  452
Genre:  Fantasy
Publisher:  Bantam, 1996
Series:  The Shadow War, Book 1

Synopsis:  In Shadow Moon, war and chaos have gripped the land of Tir Asleen. An ancient prophecy reveals one hope: a savior princess who will ascend to the throne when the time is right.  But first, a Nelwyn wanderer must face forces of unimaginable malevolence and dangerous, forbidden rites of necromancy that could bring back a powerful warrior from soulless sleep.

Review:  Since this series was written as a sequel to the movie Willow, I so wanted to love this book.  I didn't.  The beginning was really good.  After that....well, I liked it some of the time, but some of it was just plain boring.  There were a couple of times I nearly gave up on it all together.  I kept waiting and waiting for it to get really good again, but it just never did.  It's a shame.  I had to really work to finish this book and I will not be completing the series.  It's just not good enough to bother with.  I do not recommend this trilogy.

Rating:  2.5 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top