April 2, 2017

Mount TBR Checkpoint #1

Well, I'm slowly climbing Mount Ararat.  I've read 11 books so far that count towards this challenge, which equals 3862 of the 16854 miles I have to go.  It's all uphill from here!

My favorite cover came from By the Light of the Moon by Dean Koontz.

Shep O'Conner, also from By the Light of the Moon, is simply the most fun, most unusual and most lovable character I've come across in a long time.  Yes, he's autistic and rarely speaks, but he steals the show!

I was surprised (and not in a good way) by The Witches of Eastwick.  I'd waited so very long to finally read the book that had been made into the movie starring Jack Nicholson and Cher.  Unfortunately, it was....well, just really awful and boring.

My word for the Scrabble is Gads!  (I wish I could do Gadzooks, but I'm missing that double O and the K!).  The word is made up of books I really liked!

G ~ The Gunslinger by Stephen King
A ~ The Awakening by Thomas K. Martin
D ~ Doomsday Book by Connie Willis
S ~ State of Fear by Michael Crichton

I'm still climbing.  I've got a Jodi Picoult novel coming up next and I can never put her books down!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking in! I like your word scrabble--and it would have been very cool if you could have done gadzooks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated The Witches of Eastwick too! It made me feel so icky just reading it. Glad to find I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Icky! Yes, that's exactly how it made me feel, too. Well, that and bored. I'm glad I'm not the only one too!

      Delete

Back to Top