April 2, 2016

B ~ Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins
Un Hobbit by Antoine Glédel (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0], via Wikimedia Commons
“Sorry! I don’t want any adventures, thank you. Not today.” - The Hobbit, Ch. 1
Bilbo Baggins is the main character in The Hobbit and a secondary character in The Lord of the Rings trilogy, both by J.R.R. Tolkien.  

I give thanks regularly for Mr. Tolkien.  He gave us the very basis upon which all other fantasy has been built.  Elves, halflings, orcs, goblins, dragons, etc -- he pretty much did it first.  His stories are just really difficult to get through.  I (gasp) like the movie adaptations better.  I know, I know, that's nearly blasphemy but it's true.

That doesn't mean that some of his characters won't show up in other letters though!

8 comments:

  1. Good theme idea. yeah I've probably read over that 1 million words already... :) Hopping by for A to Z - GirlZombieAuthors - Author of GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A million words I think I have done. A million PAGES...not yet, although I'm getting there lol

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I'd have to take you up on that, I read The Hobbit when I was 13 and LOVED it.... have read it many times since, plus of course the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It is a bit male... that's my criticism, not much female interest! ~Liz http://www.lizbrownleepoet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that people either love the books or just get through them. I guess I'm one of the latter =) Either way, they are great stories!!

      Delete
  3. It's been ages since I've read the Hobbit. Poor Bilbo. It's the things you dislike the most, you don't get to avoid. ~ cheers to more book adventures with Tolkein.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your theme and the book quotes. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't read this yet...

    I'm blogging about Productivity for Creative People this month.
    Happy A to Z!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started reading The Hobbit in high school and never moved on to any of the others. My husband says that The Hobbit is the hardest of the books to get through. I don't know. As for me, I think I'll stick with the movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get it then! I agree, the books are difficult. The movies, well....they are the best!

      Delete

Back to Top