April 15, 2016

M ~ The Martian

The Martian by Andy Weir is a wonderful science fiction adventure.  It also has been made into a pretty great movie starring Matt Damon.

The main character, Mark Watney, is lovable, smart and sometimes hilariously disgusting.

The book is so full of excitement and humor and it's impossible to put down.  I gave it a perfect 10 stars, but I would have given it 20 if I could.  My only complaint is that it ended and I wasn't ready to be done.  So of course, I kept the book so I can read it again someday.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read the book but I did watch the movie and it was a lot better than I thought it would be. I should give the book a read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should. It's such a quick read and so really great!

      Delete
  2. A nice post for "M". I loved the film, found it beautifully acted and sober in a kind of unusual way. Andy Weir posted his book on his blog, the legend goes, after being turned down by the first publisher he contacted. After thousands of hits he then self-published and was made an offer from his current publisher. I must read! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great book. Even better than the film!

      Delete

Back to Top