April 14, 2016

L ~ Lord Foul's Bane

Lord Foul's Bane by Stephen R. Donaldson is the first book in the The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever series.  There are a total of 11 books in the series.

Thomas Covenant is such an unlikely (and sometimes unlikable) hero.  You'll also meet incredible Giants, lore-wise Lords, dark Ur-viles, and beautiful Ranyhyn.  Lord Foul is delightfully awful and evil.  The Bloodguard are uncompromisingly honorable and loyal.
"In two words, a story sadder than the first. Say no more -- with one word you will make me weep." Saltheart Foamfollower, Lord Foul's Bane (ch.11)
I could write a million words and never tell you how much I love this series of books.  It is the very best series of books, of any genre, that I've ever read.  Ever.  I found Lord Foul's Bane at the library in middle school and it took nearly 35 years for me to find out how the series ended.  It was so entirely worth the wait.  I will never, ever tire of them.

2 comments:

  1. Hah, I'm kinda glad in that aspect that I didn't start reading The Dark Tower series until later in life, you know. When they were all published!

    This sounds like an interesting series. I also wonder how people who make long running series keep it interesting. I'll definitely have a look at this one. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like them. And, yes, looking back it'd have been better to have found them now when I wouldn't have to wait =)

      Delete

Back to Top